Lake Superior Queen of the North - October Visit to Wisconsin North Country

I am happy to share with you a few highlights of my two day trip up to "Wisconsin North Country". There is a whole different culture up there and some of the most beautiful country in the USA.

                     I stop en route for a selfie with Paul Bunyan and Babe his Blue Ox


Fall Colors were in their prime! 
Here is Manitou Falls in Pattison State Park

These two brothers and their dog Sadie out searching for duck hangouts for their upcoming hunting outing. 
This is St. Croix Flowage area area Gordon, WI


A little artistic fun.


Waterfalls Abound in North Country


Lucky fully enjoyed each moment!


Interior design up north consists of heavy genuine pine furniture, antler chandeliers 
and hunting prizes of deer, elk, musky (big fish), etc


This covered bridge in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest. This forest covers more than 1.5 million acres of Wisconsin's northwoods.
I drove through the forest and stopped frequently to enjoy the sights.


Trees as far as the eye can see. A multi-sense treat for the heart and soul. I wanted to take deep breaths forever to savor the freshness!


Many trucks full of lumber barrel down the highways-
 reminder of where USA paper comes from



First glimpses of Lake Superior were thrilling. 
The baby blue translucence so beautiful!


Lake Superior is the largest of the Great Lakes. (yes that is Lucky wading)


The water was 40 F but the dog and I enjoyed some wading.


Lake Superior in known for its beautiful agates and I collected a bagful for my house

Here is a sampling now displayed in my home. 


This proud fisherwoman caught a 
spawning salmon from Lake Superior 

Sunrise on Lake Superior near Ashland, WI on my final morning.




Comments

Popular Posts