Colorful Snapshots of Street Vendors in Nepal

Hi everyone. I have been studying a Tibetan Buddhist form of healing called Lama Fera. I will show some photos of the healing center in my next post. Meanwhile, here in Pokhara, Nepal there is always something going on unique and different. Here I will share some recent photos...Coming up in my trip I will be going to Dharamshala the home of the Dalai Lama and I have other destinations being planned before I head "home" in January. Stay tuned.

Now that the monsoon is subsiding and there are more tourists, open air markets around town are in full swing. Toy vendor with spinning pinwheels, masks, etc


I love these bright balloon vendors way of marketing!


Snow cone seller. The machine on the table crushes ice blocks and then you can choose your syrup flavor


This blind mother and father play the drum to music on their radio and the sighted son keeps an eye on the earnings and guides his parents to and from the market. You can also check your weight.


Crowds at the market.


You can select from various salty snacks of puffed rice and fried grains 

The famous weapon of Nepal called the Khukri is for sale

This vendor selling LED lighted balloons stops his hawking for a moment to take a breather.


"Tough" looking Tibetan women smoking cigarettes can be seen with their wares. 


Colored powders in various hues of red are for sale. The powders are used in daily religious worship as well as to put tika (third eye) dots on the forehead  

In the mood for roasted nuts?


Tibetan refugee women sell traditional handmade jewelry


Animal photo of the day.

I enjoyed seeing this festooned water buffalo. She could not quite get the foliage off her horns as much as she shook her head. She looked pretty I thought!


Comments