Wrapping Up The Trek Days 5 and 6

Days 5 and 6 of the trek were rainy off and on but there were more great views. There were a couple of more waterfalls to cross.

Another couple of waterfalls to cross-- this time with enough confidence to remove my socks and shoes enjoy the frigid water!


Some fantastic vegetation!


Almost to the next lodge at Dhampus.



Reaching Dhampus, Machapuchare dominated the scenery and I was thrilled to have some great views. This mountain is considered a sacred goddess and no ascents are allowed. 

I had the opportunity at Dhampus to gaze on on Machapuchare Mountain part of the Annapurna Massif at 22, 736 feet in her many moods. 






Even through the door frame while I was having dinner by a cozy fire there was a great view of Fishtail! After dinner Sunita my guide  myself and some of the staff at the lodge danced to Nepali songs for an hour or so to celebrate the end of our trek. It was a lot of fun!


Next morning, as the trek was drawing to a close the three of us posed for a photo with the mountains before we set off to descend back down to Pokhara. It was an exquisite end to an eventful trek.


Coming back down slowly to civilization and the city of Pokhara.



Hugging a puppy along the way named "Lucky" --  my doggie back home's name!


Getting in the van to finish the journey back to the city!


I hope to take one or two more treks before I leave Nepal. The monsoon is on its way out so the trekking will be more pleasant and I won't complain as much to you -I promise. Thanks for listening and hope you get a chance to see the Himalayas if you have not yet. A great experience.  

Comments

  1. You look so winsome with a most beautiful smile.! I could tell how relaxed you are!
    Abundant Blessings, BFF!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment