An exquisite photo and my new best friend-Tibetan Sound Bowls

Taking a little break from the trek reporting, I thought I would share some photos from the latest class I am taking here. I am learning Tibetan Sound Bowl Therapy. Sound bowls come from ancient knowledge of Tibet. Bowls made out of several kinds of metal are hand cast to vibrate and create cleansing and healing sound waves. The bowls come in various sizes and correspond to each of the seven chakras.

Learning to create "good vibrations" from Tibetan Sound Bowls. The bowls are arranged from left to right. The farthest to my right bowl corresponds to root chakra and farthest to my left is the crown chakra bowl.


I have had several sound treatments myself and found them very powerful and cathartic. The knowledge of sound bowls -though ancient- is just being formalized into a healing therapy. I am fortunate to be here in Nepal where the knowledge is accessible and well made bowls are readily available. After completing the course I will be certified to give meditation and healing sessions. It is a lot of fun!

Here is my teacher Shyam who devloped the training course.

Sunset Here in Pokhara Near Phewa Lake







Comments

Popular Posts