Gratitude. A picture says a thousand words

Yesterday I went out to recharge my Nepalese SIM card. It was pouring and on the way back, I found myself walking behind this man. Since it was muddy and busy traffic as well, it was just easiest to follow him for some time.

He is a roving vegetable seller. His bicycle is fitted up as a mini-store with boxes of veggies on the bicycle seat and bags of veggies hanging from the handlebars and fender. He sets up wherever there is a free space and sells from his bicycle. Notice the plastic bag on this head as rain gear. I am guessing that he makes no more than $3-4 dollars a day (at most).

It is moments like that this that remind me of how much I have and how much there is to be grateful for. I give him credit that he is not begging from tourists as some do.  As a common working man in a third world country he is eking out his survival as he can.



This second photo is of a young man of perhaps 11 -12 years that I have come across several times. Selling cotton candy after school. I am guessing he is a source of support of his family because he is serious about his work and pursues customers in an urgent that makes me feel he needs this money to survive.





Comments

Popular Posts