Early Morning Robbery in Paradise!

This morning I was happily working at my computer intermittently enjoying the view from my window. Much to my surprise.....


I turned to my right and there was a medium size monkey sitting on my bed and staring at me!  My screen door does not close properly and somehow I did not hear him come in. I was in a very settled state and not expecting-of all things- a monkey to be in my room. I jumped up and away because I know from experience that they can be mean.

Regaining some composure, I started shouting at him and waving my arms for him to go. He jumped on my desk and then down to the floor and much to my relief he was just about out of the door --when he had second thoughts.

He bared his teeth and jumped out at me. He jumped back up on my desk and stole my banana and then a bag of peanuts I had stored in a partially open desk door. Apparently satisfied that his efforts were not in vain, he ran out and started to eat his spoils on the verandah.



Well... truth be told, I should not be eating the peanuts since I am doing a cleanse! Eventually when my heart stopped racing, I started to laugh uncontrollably. It was quite a moment for such a quiet and relaxing morning. So now I rigged up a closure for my screen door and will try to find a better solution soon! I am sure that he will be back since he had a good breakfast at my expense LOL.

Comments