Wisconsin North Country- Trees Without End

My excursion yesterday was 1.5 hours north of my place here in Wisconsin.
I was overwhelmed with peace and bliss as I entered a realm where Nature was in its full beauty. I saw stretches of trees as far as the eye could see and water so cold and pure and sparkling. It was so beautiful that I did not want to leave. Here are a few photos from the day's excursion. Don't miss the photos at the end taken from the top of a fire watch tower.

We saw many waterfalls replete with the 
last few days abundant rain showers

Water so cold and pure and sparking!


Sylvan hideaways


Hope for the future. Baby trees carpet the forest floor



On the way home, I discovered this tucked away forest fire watch tower built in the 1930's and now a great vantage point to view the sprawling forested land. I made it to the top. Lucky watched from below. 


View from the top of the tower. Elevation approximately 1500 feet. A network of these towers were in use for fire prevention until the 70's when aerial surveillance took over.


360 degrees of trees. A glorious sight!


Bigfoot Does His Civil Duty 


Comments

Popular Posts