Possibly the Most Beautiful Humanly Designed Place I have Seen- Kopan Monastery, Kathmandu

I am on foot for most of my adventures here in Kathmandu and yesterday I took a 40 minute walk to Kopan Monastery up in the hills to the north of my apartment. The monastery is perched up high and as I climbed the steep incline I seemed to pass from the mundane to the sublime.

Beautiful, intricate and colorful stupas grace lovely gardens. 





Here is a short video with a close-up look at the beautiful Tibetan Buddhist artwork of the Stupa


A lovely fountain adds to the serene and uplifting atmosphere


As I sipped a hot mug of ginger lemon honey tea in the coffee shop. I saw this young monk with his own cup of tea.


Beautiful waterfall in front of the temple

Well tended and beautifully landscaped grounds. 


I enjoyed panoramic views of the hills and the city. 







Fun photo of the day: The Nepalese seem to dote on their dogs. For the most part, the dogs I see are well- cared for and loved. This well-coiffed cutie was spotted in front of a shop yesterday.



Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing pics and vid of this beautiful place. What a blessing for you....and for us in the sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Unknown above is me, Evelyn! Ha! Go figure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sign on the monastery building! LOL. Nice pictures, Marie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment