Some Interesting Photos

I have been here at this ashram/ayurvedic clinic almost two weeks now. There is a rhythm to the day's activities here and I am pretty settled in. I am still exploring the many footpaths that criss cross the hillsides and I am always delighted when I fine a new good hike.

In the USA, I walk around 10 miles a day. Here because of the hillside ups and downs I am walking less even though I do two hike a day. I have to laugh because at the end of the day, my Iphone is telling me that I have climbed the equivalent of 60 -80 flights of steps. The altitude at this location is about 5,200 feet. My ears often "pop" as I go up and down.

The mountain women work extremely hard. I saw this woman yesterday carrying grass for the farm animals atop her head:

Some really cute baby goats:


This is a  typical pleasant hillside home...where I saw the baby goats. Most homes have a garden, a few animals like chickens, goats and maybe a cow. The yards are often festooned with brightly colored drying saris. As I hike by I hear sounds of children playing. I see grandmothers working in the gardens. Men playing cards. 


Most homes have lovely flowers at the gates:




Have hiking stick will travel:

Comments

  1. One day in Costa Rica my Fitbit said I climbed over 125 floors and I got a Hot Air Balloon award - haha! But it was grueling and I thought I would die!! So I think you are amazing to be able to do what you do. Someday when you are 95... gray hair... you'll be on Mile 10 on top of the Himalayas no doubt! P.S. I love your writing style.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts