HIghlights from the last few days

Hi Friends,
I have been busy the last few days. I have done some more trekking and here are a few highlights: 
This langur Monkey was initially in the right square in the path in front of us! He is at least 3.5 feet tall --sitting! I was afraid to get close to him. By the time I got out my phone he was in the tree.


This beautiful bride with a lovely smile was in Kausani with her wedding party. Brides in India wear red --symbolic of Lakshmi -Goddess of Wealth and Abundance:

On one hike a young dog joined up with us and stayed with us for about 5 miles. After a little coaxing, he consented to come on my lap when we stopped for a rest at a wayside temple.


Our little hiking group varys in attendance from day to day. Alain from France leads the pack most days. He is pointing out the bells at the wayside temple. Supplicants who have their wishes fulfilled through prayer at the temple bring a bell in thanksgiving and tie it here.








Comments