The Beautiful Himalayan Range Reveals this Morning!

I thought I would share some photos of the area around the Ayurvedic clinic where I am at in Kausani, Uttarakhand, India.  My rooms is quite lovely with access to a big verandah and excellent views. The verandah is great place to do yoga and meditate in the morning. The cost per night here including food is about $20!

Even though the Himalayan range is only about 25 miles away, it is not always visible due to weather conditions and pollution from other parts of India. This morning I was surprised and delighted to see the range faintly in the distance. See if you can make out the snow-capped mountains below the cloud line in the photo below.

Since my treatments have not begun yet, I have had time to hike. There are tea plantations all around and wonderful dirt paths that wind past traditional Himalayan residences, little snack shops, grazing animals, village schools, etc. I have found some lovely rock outcroppings to sit on and contemplate the beauty all around. Here is the view from one of them:

Another great photo taken as sunset grew near:


Comments

Popular Posts